Version 1.1.2 now available!
This plugin is a variant on the Taxonomy Dropdown Widget. Rather than display post tags (or terms from any public, non-hierarchical custom taxonomies) in the tag cloud, the Tag List Widget will present terms in a list.
For version 1.0, I completely rewrote the plugin and added support for all public, non-hierarchical custom taxonomies in addition to post tags. I also removed support for WordPress 2.7 and earlier.
Version 1.1.2 of the Taxonomy List Widget features:
- Ability to specify list style;
- Ability to specify label shown above list;
- Ability to trim long tag names to fit within sidebar;
- Ability to specify indicator that tag names are truncated;
- Ability to display post counts;
- Ability to specify list of tags to include in or exclude from dropdown;
- Ability to specify order tags should be shown in;
- Ability to specify a minimum number of posts a tag must be associated with before it will appear in the dropdown;
- Ability to include tags that aren’t associated with any posts;
- Ability to specify link relationship (
nofollow) in the widget options.
- Ability to filter
get_termsarguments for greater control over tags shown in dropdown.
- Function available to generate lists outside of the sidebar.
The function powering the Taxonomy List Widget can also be accessed through the
taxonomy_list_widget( $options, $id ) function for use outside of the sidebar or in a theme that does not utilize a widgetized sidebar. Details of the valid parameters that can be passed via the
$options array are included in the plugin’s readme file.
Taxonomy List Widget v1.1.2 is compatible with WordPress 2.8 and higher.
This plugin is available in the WordPress plugins directory at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tag-list-widget/.
Donations are gladly accepted via PayPal and are used solely to support development of this and future plugins.